Difficulty Level: Confident Beginner
The finished toy measures to be about 3.5” (8 cm) tall when you use Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran and 4” (10.5 cm) tall when you use Bernat Baby Velvet Yarn.
- Bernat Baby Velvet Yarn or Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran
Bernat Baby Velvet Yarn Colours – Snowy White and Vapour Gray
Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran Colours – 10 g of Bubblegum Pink, 15g of Candy Floss Pink, and a little bit of Raspberry Pink for the cheeks (Pink Panda) or Granite Grey, Champagne White, and a little bit of Bubblegum Pink for the cheeks (Grey and White Panda)
- Embroidery Floss (I used Black, White, and 335 Rose DMC Perle Cotton No. 5)
- 3.25mm (D) or 3.5mm (E) Crochet Hook (Go down a hook size if you are working the regular single crochet stitch)
- Darning Needle
- Locking Stitch Markers
- Polyfil Stuffing
- Felt that matches the darker yarn colour
- Cardstock and Pen to create stencil for Eyes
- Marker in a similar colour to your felt to trace the stencil shape onto the felt. Be careful if using washable markers, the colours might bleed onto your work.
- Fabric Scissors
- Glue that dries clear
Onigiri is meant to be worked with Bernat Baby Velvet Yarn, but I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran for the photos in this pattern so that it’s easier for the camera to pick up the stitches.
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THIS PATTERN
sl st: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
inc: two single crochet in one stitch
dec: invisible decrease- single crochet two stitches together through the front loops only
(…) x #: repeat anything in the parenthesis however many times the number indicates
[#]: total number of stitches for that row
#sc/inc: one sc/inc in the following # stitches
Please do not reprint, sell or claim the pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to the shop or my blog. Please do not copy and post any part of this pattern onto your site.
You may sell products made from this pattern in small quantities but please clearly credit the design to me, Abby Sy of Ollie + Holly and provide a link to my blog www.OllieHolly.com. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!