Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran– I used roughly 35g of Pansy Purple, 5g of Raspberry Pink, and 15g of Pure Black. The amount you use will vary based on your tension and stitch type.
- Embroidery Floss – I’m using DMC Light Effects in E168
- 3.25mm Crochet Hook when working the yarn under sc (Go down a hook size if you are working the regular single crochet stitch)
- Darning Needle
- Locking Stitch Markers
- 1 Mini Button (6 or 7mm- men’s dress shirts often have spare buttons on a tag by the waist)
- Thread and Needle to Sew the Button
- Glue (Optional)
- White Felt or Sequins to decorate the little black dress with (Optional)
I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran for this crochet amigurumi toy, but you can use any soft cotton yarn as long as you correspond your hook to the weight of your yarn. You can also easily size up/down by using thicker/thinner yarn, just make sure to change the size of your hook accordingly.
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THIS PATTERN
sl st: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
inc: two single crochet in one stitch
dec: invisible decrease- single crochet two stitches together through the front loops only
YO: yarn over
sc2tog: single crochet two together: (insert hook into the next st, YO, draw up a loop) x 2, you should have 3 loops on your hook. YO and draw it through all 3 loops on your hook.
sk next # st: skip the next number of stitches and work the next step into the st after the skipped stitches
ch sp: chain space- the space created when you chain and skip a few stitches to work the next st
FLO: crochet only in the front loops (loop closest to you) of each stitch
(…) x #: repeat anything in the parenthesis however many times the number indicates
[#]: total number of stitches for that row
#sc: one sc in the following # stitches
sc/dc#: sc/dc # times in the next stitch
turn: turn your work, this means that you will no longer be working in the round.
Please do not reprint, sell or claim the pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to the shop or my blog. Please do not copy and post any part of this pattern onto your site.
You may sell products made from this pattern in small quantities but please clearly credit the design to me, Abby Sy of Ollie + Holly and provide a link to my blog www.OllieHolly.com. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!