Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran– I used 15g of Melon Sorbet, 13g of Champagne White, 15g of Red Wine, 6g of Buttercup Yellow, and a little bit of Coffee Bean. The amount you use will vary based on your tension and stitch type.
- 3.25mm Crochet Hook when working the yarn under sc (Go down a hook size if you are working the regular single crochet stitch)
- 8mm Safety Eyes with Matching Backings (Optional, you can also embroider in the eyes instead)
- Darning Needle
- Locking Stitch Markers
- Tacky or Fabric Glue
- DMC Light Effects Embroidery Floss – E3821 (Antique Gold)
- DMC 6-Strand Embroidery Floss – 3031 (Brown), Optional: 3688 (Pink for the blush) and B5200 (White for the eye details)
- Embroidery Needle
- Wire or Pipe Cleaners (Optional)
I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran for this crochet amigurumi toy, but you can use any soft cotton yarn as long as you correspond your hook to the weight of your yarn. You can also easily size up/down by using thicker/thinner yarn, just make sure to change the size of your hook accordingly.
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THIS PATTERN
sl st: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
hdc: half double crochet
dc: double crochet
inc: two single crochet in one stitch
dec: invisible decrease- single crochet two stitches together through the front loops only
BLO: crochet only in the back loops (loop away from you) of each stitch
(…) x #: repeat anything in the parenthesis however many times the number indicates
[#]: total number of stitches for that row
#sc/inc/dec: one sc/inc/dec in the following # stitches
sc#: sc # of times indicated in the same stitch – note that sc3 (3 sc in one st) and 3sc (one sc into each of the next 3 sts) are not the same.
(x, y) in the next st: work everything in the parenthesis into the same st
Please do not reprint, sell or claim the pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to the shop or my blog. Please do not copy and post any part of this pattern onto your site.
You may sell products made from this pattern in small quantities but please clearly credit the design to me, Abby Sy of Ollie + Holly and provide a link to my blog www.OllieHolly.com. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!