Difficulty Level: Confident Beginner
The finished Spaghetti ornament measures to be roughly 2 in (5.1 cm) wide. The finished Maple Syrup ornament measures to be roughly 2.5 in (6.35 cm) tall.
- WeCrochet Shine Sport Yarn– Spaghetti: Coffee, Dandelion, Willow, and White.
Maple Syrup: Cream, Coffee, and Black.
- 4mm Seed Beads – Red, Green, White, Pink, Pastel Green. Alternatively, you can use yarn in the listed colours.
- Black Felt
- DMC 6-Strand Embroidery Floss – 744 (Yellow), 666 (Red) and B5200 (White)
- 2.75mm Crochet Hook (Go down a hook size if you are working the regular single crochet stitch)
- Scissors and Fabric Scissors
- Sewing Needle for Embroidery
- Darning Needle
- Locking Stitch Markers
- Polyfil Stuffing or Scrap Yarn
- Pen or Marker
- Fabric Stiffener – I use a 1:1 mixture of white glue (PVA) to water.
- Fabric Glue
I used We Crochet Shine Sport for this toy, but you can use any soft cotton yarn as long as you correspond your hook size to the weight of your yarn. You can also easily size up/down by using thicker/thinner yarn.
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THE PATTERNS
sl st: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
inc: two single crochet in one stitch
dec: invisible decrease- single crochet two stitches together through the front loops only
BLO: crochet only in the back loops (loop away from you) of each stitch
FLO: crochet only in the front loops (loop closest to you) of each stitch
(…) x #: repeat anything in the parenthesis however many times the number indicates
[#]: total number of stitches for that row
#sc/inc: one sc/inc in the following # stitches
sc#: sc# times in the next stitch – note that sc3 (3 sc in one st) and 3sc (one sc into each of the next 3 sts) are not the same.
Please do not reprint, sell or claim the pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to the shop or my blog. Please do not copy and post any part of this pattern onto your site.
You may sell products made from this pattern in small quantities but please clearly credit the design to me, Abby Sy of Ollie + Holly and provide a link to my blog www.OllieHolly.com. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!