Difficulty Level: Easy/Intermediate
The finished bear measures to be about 5.5 in (14.25 cm) tall.
- Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran– I used 32g of Soft Fudge, 18g of Daffodil Yellow, 10g of Seafoam Blue, and a little bit of Blush Pink. OR, your choice of yarn & colours. I’ve included a colour swatch to give you a better idea of what these colours look like.
- DMC 6-Strand Embroidery Floss in Black
- 3.25mm Crochet Hook when working the yarn under sc (Go down a hook size if you are working the regular single crochet stitch)
- Darning Needle
- Locking Stitch Markers
- Polyfil Stuffing
- 8mm Safety Eyes and Backings
- 1 Mini Button (6 or 7mm- men’s dress shirts often have spare buttons on a tag by the waist)
- Thread and Needle to Sew the Button
I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran for this crochet amigurumi toy, but you can use any soft cotton yarn as long as you correspond your hook to the weight of your yarn. You can also easily size up/down by using thicker/thinner yarn, just make sure to change the size of your hook and safety eyes accordingly.
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THIS PATTERN
sl st: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
hdc: half double crochet
dc: double crochet
inc: two single crochet in one stitch
dec: invisible decrease- single crochet two stitches together through the front loops only
FLO: crochet only in the front loops (loop closest to you) of each stitch
sk next # st: skip the next number of stitches and work the next step into the st after the skipped stitches
ch sp: chain space- the space created when you chain and skip a few stitches to work the next st
(…) x #: repeat anything in the parenthesis however many times the number indicates
(x, y) in the next st: work both x and y in the same st
[#]: total number of stitches for that row
#sc: one sc in the following # stitches
hdc#: hdc # times in the next stitch
Please do not reprint, sell or claim the pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to the shop or my blog. Please do not copy and post any part of this pattern onto your site.
You may sell products made from this pattern in small quantities but please clearly credit the design to me, Abby Sy of Ollie + Holly and provide a link to my blog www.OllieHolly.com. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!