Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran– I used roughly 20g of Grass Green, 2g of Buttercup Yellow, 5g of Coffee Bean, 2g of Racing Green, 2g Pure Black, and a little bit of Pillar Red. The amount you use will vary based on your tension and stitch type.
- Bernat Baby Velvet Yarn – I used Snowy White or Cuddly Cloud (name depends on what country you are in). If you can’t find Bernat brand yarn, use any White medium weight velvet yarn.
- Embroidery Floss – I’m using DMC Light Effects in E3821
- 3.25mm Crochet Hook when working the yarn under sc (Go down a hook size if you are working the regular single crochet stitch)
- Darning Needle
- Locking Stitch Markers
- Tacky or Fabric Glue
- Velcro or 7 or 8mm Button & Sewing Needle + Thread
I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran for this crochet amigurumi toy, but you can use any soft cotton yarn as long as you correspond your hook to the weight of your yarn. You can also easily size up/down by using thicker/thinner yarn, just make sure to change the size of your hook accordingly.
TERMINOLOGY USED IN THIS PATTERN
sl st: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
hdc: half double crochet
dc: double crochet
inc: two single crochet in one stitch
dec: invisible decrease- single crochet two stitches together through the front loops only
YO: yarn over
sc2tog: single crochet two together: (insert hook into the next st, YO, draw up a loop) x 2, you should have 3 loops on your hook. YO and draw it through all 3 loops on your hook.
sk next # st: skip the next number of stitches and work the next step into the st after the skipped stitches
ch sp: chain space- the space created when you chain and skip a few stitches to work the next st
BLO: crochet only in the back loops (loop away from you) of each stitch
(…) x #: repeat anything in the parenthesis however many times the number indicates
[#]: total number of stitches for that row
#sc/sl st/hdc/dc/inc: one sc/sl st/hdc/dc/inc in the following # stitches
sl st#: sl st # times in the next stitch – note that sl st 3 (3 sl st in one st) and 3 sl st (one sl st into each of the next 3 sts) are not the same.
turn: turn your work, this means that you will no longer be working in the round.
Please do not reprint, sell or claim the pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to the shop or my blog. Please do not copy and post any part of this pattern onto your site.
You may sell products made from this pattern in small quantities but please clearly credit the design to me, Abby Sy of Ollie + Holly and provide a link to my blog www.OllieHolly.com. Permission is NOT granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!